Hosted by Kevin Kerrigan, Pro Vice-Chancellor for Business and Enterprise, Sheffield Hallam University, this special webinar featured our own MD Club members as speakers. We handed the mic over to our members to take to the stage for a quick-fire pitch on their specialist topic.
The audience featured a balance of business and academic representatives across both universities and the wider Sheffield City Region.
From this recording, you can expect:
- Exciting new entrepreneurship opportunities within the thriving local Startup community
- Information on free academic support available through the Sheffield Innovation Programme (SIP) to help businesses solve their challenges
- Insights into how the the Department of Chemical Engineering at TUoS contributed to the Covid response
- An introduction to Wiz: A Web-Based Tool for Interactive Visualization of Big Data
- An introduction to Starling Solutions, one of our new MD Club Members
- Robots taking over talks from our academic speakers!
00:00:00 Kevin Kerrigan, Pro Vice-Chancellor for Business and Enterprise, Sheffield Hallam university – Welcome.
00:03:10 – Dr Alex Shenfield, Associate Professor of Machine Learning, Sheffield Hallam University – AI: the next industrial revolution (email@example.com).
00:13:13 – Professor Alessandro Di Nuovo, Professor of Machine Intelligence, Sheffield Hallam University – Intelligent Robots in Social Care (firstname.lastname@example.org).
00:23:20 – Antony Davies, Client Relationship Manager, Sheffield Innovation Programme – Supporting SMEs to innovate (email@example.com).
00:35:22 – Sam Briggs, Managing Director, Starling Solutions – An introduction to Starling, a Sheffield tech startup (firstname.lastname@example.org).
00:41:15 – Ceri Batchelder, Super Connector, TEAM SY, Capital Enterprise – Spotlight on Tech Start-ups (email@example.com).
00:52:25 – Professor Joan Cordiner, Professor of Process Engineering and Director of External Engagement, University of Sheffield – Advances in the Department of Chemical Engineering in 4 areas of strength- Sustainability, Bioprocessing, Energy and Process Systems engineering (firstname.lastname@example.org).
01:02:37 – Dr Peyman Z Moghadam, Lecturer, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Sheffield – Data-driven materials discovery: from energy storage to smart manufacturing (email@example.com).